Would a silicone implant look more natural than my Medpor chin implant? (Photo)

I got a 7mm medpor implant 3 months ago & I want to have it removed.It looks really good from the side & when my face is resting, but from the front when I smile it sticks out & you can see the outline of it.It looks unnatural and makes my face look less feminine. If i had it removed whats the probability of my face going back to the way it was before?Would a silicone implant look more natural? If i was to get another implant, is it better to get it put in at the same time, or wait a few months?

Medpore Chin Implant

In my opinion, if you do anything at all, you should have the implant that is already in place sculpted to a more feminine heart shape from anterior. It would be a real struggle to remove the Medpore but it's shape can be changed once it is in place. I've done this with Medpore ear implants with good results.

Best of luck!  Harry V. Wright MD

Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

The projection of the implant is good. The width is not, it is a masculine wide implant. Choice of a better feminine implant with similar projection but tapered central part.

Can be hard to remove

Keeks: Medpor can be hard to remove as it allows tissue ingrowth.  After removal, you could have some contour irregularities, and your skin may not stick down to the bone symmetrically.  One consideration is to ask your surgeon to trim your existing implant as this may reduce some risk of totally changing it out.  If it is made a little less tall and less wide it will probably look quite good.  Best of luck.  I prefer silicone implants because the edges are a little smoother, they are easier to remove, they are softer, and tend to look more natural. 

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon