Had upper eyelid bleph and endo brow lift. Is this normal for almost 4 weeks post-op? (Photo)

My eyelid scars seem much more red the last few days. Is this normal for almost 4 weeks post op?

Eyelid scars

For 4 weeks post surgery, your scars are not a concern. Everyone heals differently and everyone has redness to the scars until the scars "mature". This can take as little as a couple of months or as long as a year. Be patient. I don't know of anything that can make the redness resolve quicker. The redness will eventually disappear though.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing after blepharoplasty

Totally normal - this is a normal sequence for wound-healing. You will see the incisions fade week by week - and at times they may appear to be more red than others. Typically they fade completely to your skin tone by 4 to 6 months, but this varies person to person. Enjoy your beautiful new lids!

Healing after blepharoplasty