Is fat transfer the only way to fix slight asymmetry?

I got a BA 6 weeks ago. I had slight asymmetry. My dr used the same size silicone implants (295cc) on both sides. Said if used different cc sizes that the width would be different and end up exaggerating the discrepancy on the other side. Says fat transfer is the only way to fix the size difference. I'm not thrilled with that option. Dont implant widths come in a range of cc sizes? And the next size up only usually a couple tablespoons? Is fat transfer just a way to charge more money?

Is fat transfer the only way to fix asymmetry?

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry you are not happy with your results at this point.  At only 6 weeks post op it is too soon to say what your results will be.  Generally speaking no one is perfectly symmetric and not seeing both your pre and post op photos makes it difficult to comment.  Fat grafting is a good option however I suggest waiting at least 6 months.  You may want to get a second opinion.  
Dr. Hisham Seify

Sizing implants can be very complicated and it is not as simple as you would think. At that size especially the base diameter really starts to get narrow as you go down in size and most are too narrow for the breast of any women. Not seeing your pre and post pictures makes it hard. I will tell you every single women has some degree of asymmetry. Fat transfer is possible if it is just a small amount that needs to be done. Large volume is not the mainstay treatment. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery; as you know, it is too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed at this point. Generally speaking, depending on the cause of the breast asymmetry, there may be a variety of different ways of improving symmetry.   In other words, fat grafting is usually not the "only way".  Best to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed several months from now; remember, that regardless of the modality utilized,  absolute symmetry of the breasts will likely not   be achieveved.  In the longer term if you remain concerned, discuss your concerns/goals directly with your plastic surgeon.  Carefully weigh the pros/cons associated with all options discussed.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

All depends on the kind asymmetry

your pictures would have been helpful. Fat grafting is a great option if indicated.  Please wait 3-6 months before making a decision 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer?

You are still healing and should wait about 6months before considering additional surgery. Remember no two breasts are exactly the same.  A different implant or fat injection may be an option.

Correcting Assymetry After a Breast Augmentation

It is still quite early into your healing and it's not uncommon for assymetry as each breast heal quite differently. However, a #BreastAugmentation without a #BreastLift is often said to be a mistake looked back on by many patients. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy.They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight altering the longevity of the results. The shape will usually not be satisfactory and sometimes results with “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy. A Breast Lift can also be done while having existing Breast Implants and can be used to correct #assymetry.

Breast asymmetry after BBA

Thank you for your question. This is somewhat difficult to answer without a photo. That being said, yes there are different styles of implants so that a narrower implant of slightly larger volume could be placed on one side so that you maintain the same beast diameter but have more volume. Fat grafting is certainly a good option but there are other options available which may be able to achieve the result you want.  Maybe another opinion would help. Best Regards