16 days post op, is this 'normal'? (Photo)

I am 16 days post op. 5'2" 120lbs. Had 375cc silicone implants placed above the muscle. I am so anxious about bottoming out and I feel like my left breast is starting to. I had my post op apt 2 days ago and my surgeon said everything looks fine. Am I being super paranoid or does anyone else see what I'm referring too?!

16 days post op, is this 'normal'?

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out?

The photo doesn't appear to show a problem- not bottoming out. It is good that you were seen recently by your Plastic Surgeon. Just continue to follow their instructions and try not to worry. If you note anything concerning, let your surgeon advise you.

All the best

Bottoming Out?

Based on the photo, it does not appear as though your breast is bottoming out.  I recommend you continue to follow closely with your plastic surgeon, and follow their recommendations.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

16 days post op, is this 'normal'?

Based on your photos alone you appear to be healing very nicely. Continue to follow up with yoru surgeon as directed 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

16 days post op breast implants, is this 'normal'?

Your result looks excellent for 16 days after surgery.  I do not see evidence of bottoming out and my guess that any asymmetry that you do see is due to slight asymmetry preop.  I agree with your surgeon I think you look excellent.

Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
Its too early to talk about final results with only 16 days post op.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz