Temporary Filler Injection for Pitted Scar?

Hi, I have a really large pit on my chin that is the result of a coritcosteroid injection into my chin. I am wondering if there is a temporary filler that I can use to disguise the pitting while waiting for the fat to grow back. I would not want to interfere with the healing process (if it happens) with a filler, but I do want to deal with this rather large dent in my chin. Will that filler be a collagen? Thank you so much for your time.

Doctor Answers 1

Collagen injections for correction of steroid atrophy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is often difficult to predict the response of a scar to a filler. Some scars are tethered and resist lifing with fillers. However, if this was due to injection of a corticosteroid it is more likely due to atrophy than a true scar. In this instance Zyderm or Cosmoderm may be a reasonable short term filler that could provide temporary relief in the range of 3-9 months.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.