Is It Okay to Get Temporary Filler to Oversected Nose in Interim While Waiting for Opportunity to Do Revision Rhino? (photo)

3 mths post op of a rhinoplasty that was oversected. Have too thin bridge and scooped out bridge. Can I get temporary filler in interim until revision surgery is an option. A local surgeon has offered to do so. I must go to work. I cannot hide out at home. I have kids to feed and a house payment to make. Your feedback appreciated.

Doctor Answers 2

You may consider a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment to raise the height of your bridge after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You appear to have a decent nose job, and although your photos are limited, I'm not sure why you're hiding and afraid to go to work. You're not disfigured, and it's not clearly obvious to the untrained eye that you've had nasal surgery. I hope these words may provide you with some comfort and reassurance. If you're unable to leave your house or work, you may benefit from a consultation with a reputable psychiatrist.

I agree that your bridge is a bit low, just above your tip. In my practice, slight irregularities like this are improved with Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments. My expertise is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 430 reviews

Non surgical rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear rubysue,

Temporary fillers and even permanent fillers after a rhinoplasty would give you the results that you are looking for.  It would be best to try temporary fillers first just so you can see what it would look like.  They are great with no to minimal downtime or discomfort.


Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.