Looking for a doctor to remove my implants asap nearby.

I have implants from 2007 with capsular contraction on the right breast. I would like to remove them asap. I wonder if I could do it in office under numbing. Thank you!
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Removing implants

In general, to get the best cosmetic result, this procedure is performed under general anesthesia because a capsulectomy or capsulotomy needs to be performed at the same time.  Risks of anesthesia are low if you are otherwise healthy and if it is performed by a Board Certified MD Anesthesiologist.  I would make an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that performs breast revision and explantation surgeries.  Best of luck to you

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Removal of breast implants and capsulectomy will likely be indicated, given your description ( although in-person evaluation would be necessary for definitive advice).  Usually, if a capsulectomy is indicated, I do this operation under general anesthesia, for many reasons.  On the other hand, if breast implant removal only is planned, it can be done safely/comfortably under local anesthesia only (for the right patient).
 Generally speaking, what your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts.  I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

To get an answer to your question you will have to call around the area or get some consultations. If the capsule needs to be removed it willl require a general anesthesia.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Removal of breast implants

It would be best for you to meet with a local board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you and make recommendations for your carte. There are times when implants can be removed under local anesthesia but this does not address the capsule which is the scar tissue around your implants.

Dr. Edwards