Does this look normal for 3 weeks post-op? I have been feeling burning sensation/have redness in recipient area (Photos)

Female hairline lowering. Burning/tingling sensation in recipient area. After 10 days, I was told I could lightly massage recipient area to wash, which I have been doing. I began using a hair dryer at day 13 on low, warm setting to straighten my bangs. It does not get hot and I hold it at a pretty good distance away/and or brush is covering grafts. I just feel like I shouldn't be this red/discolored. I will go to my doctor, but I'd like some opinions based on my photos if possible. Thank you!

Redness and burning 3 weeks after hair transplant

First of all, it sounds as if you have done everything properly. The healing period following a hair transplant varies from patient to patient, but most people no longer have significant redness after two weeks, and burning is definitely not the norm--numbness and itching, yes, but not burning. It is unlikely that anything is seriously wrong and I predict that this, too, shall pass, but I agree with your plan to return to your doctor for his or her opinion.Thanks for your question--hope this was helpful.Dr. Ballon

Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are having issues after surgery, especially with "redness" you should contact your doctor.

If you are having issues after surgery, especially with "redness" you should contact your doctor.  Everyone heals differently but redness is not always normal.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness and burning in recipient area

This is not an uncommon happening after a hair transplant for people who have very sensitive skin. Speak to your  doctor about the redness as there are prescription medications for this

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon