Bruising on my side? (Photo)

I had breast augmentation one week ago today. only one breast is bruised but so is my side. is that normal?

Is the bruising on my side normal?

Thanks so much for your question. The bruising on your side looks to be within the normal range. It's normal for one side to bruise more than the other. You need to look at a breast augmentation as two separate surgeries.  It's normal to have bruising just on one side and no significant bruising on the other side.  I would definitely speak to your plastic surgeon about things. They will know what happened during the surgery better than anyone. They will be able to speak specifically about the bruising and if they feel it's in the normal range.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Visit your PS

Thank you for the question and photo.  The best option for you right now is to follow up with your board-certified plastic surgeon.  Bruising at this rate is not common.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Bruising after breast augmentation surgery

The bruises are not normal in a breast augmentation surgery, please don't try any so called homemade  treatment neither follow any advise given by other person that is not your plastic surgeon , the best you can do is inform your surgeon as soon as possible about the situation, your surgeon will guide you and take care of you.

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.I recommend that you follow up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz

Bruising?

Thank you very much for your question, and for providing the picture.

No, the amount of bruising, and the pattern or bruising, is not normal after having a breast augmentation only.  I recommend contacting your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Bruising of breast after breast aug

Bruising to that degree after breast augmentation is not preferred as residual blood in the pocket can cause capsular contracture. You are going to have to watch this breast for development of capsular contracture.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Bruising after surgery

Thank you for sharing. The bruising you show is not expected after augmentation. See your PS. The pattern of bruising would be less concerning if liposuction on the trunk was performed but you should see your PS. Best wishes

Bruising

That is a significant bruise and one you should see your surgeon about. This is likely due to a bleed, however the important thing is to rule out a hematoma.

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Post op bruising

It's not the fact that the bruising is only on one side that is alarming, it is the way the bruise moves down your torso. You need to have this assessed in person by your surgeon as soon as possible. Always best to err on the side of caution.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Bruising

Thank you for your question and providing a photo. This amount of bruising is unusual after BA surgery. It is do to blood tracking down your side. I would recommend you check with your PS to ensure you do not have a blood collection around your R breast implant. Best of luck