Yellow pus leaking from breast aug inscion. Is it infected? (Photo)

I had a breast aug on Feb 19th. Yesterday I realized yellow puss leaking from part of the inscion it is very tender in that area & kind of burns I'm scared that this is an infection !? I have kefflex left over from a previous wound I'm wondering if I should start taking it again ?

Is my incision infected?

Thank you for your question. The picture makes it difficult to tell for sure whether you have an infection or not. Usually, yellow pus is not a good sign. It is possible that this could be a sign of infection, but to be sure follow up with your plastic surgeon so he can evaluate you more efficiently. Best of luck! 

Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Possible infection after breast augmentation

As its been several weeks since your surgery, its important to have a review with your plastic surgeon to determine whether or not you have any infection. Any discharge associated with tenderness and burning should be investigated.  It may simply be some of the internal stitches causing some irritation but its important you have a review.  Do not take any medication left over from a previous infection.

Infection after surgery

your picture doesnt show signs of a infection but as you are describing pus this could probably be a issue for your implants so please try to get checked by your doctor.

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

Pus draining after breast augmentation

Although the photo looks innocent, this sort of drainage is troublesome, and a visit to your surgeon today is in order.  

All the best

Yellow pus leaking from breast aug inscion. Is it infected?

Purulent discharge or pus from a breast augmentation incision is an indication of an infection. Hopefully, you have contacted your plastic surgeon and are receiving appropriate treatment at this time. Thank you for sharing your concern and photo. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Post breast augmentation incision drainage

You should go see your plastic surgeon today if you have not already done so. Drainage could be resulting from an infection and possibly some breast duct drainage. Good luck. 

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Yellow draining from incision one month after augmentation

Any incisional drainage one month after augmentation should be examined by your surgeon. Do not take medications without advice or prescription by your doctor. Good luck with your results.

Mytien Goldberg, MD, FACS

Leaking from breast aug inscion

It is not possible to give you a diagnosis based on your photo.  Your plastic surgeon needs to examine you.  Wait until you see your physician to take any antibiotic.  Best wishes.

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation incision

Thank you for your question. It is hard to tell from the photo. It would be best to see your plastic surgeon and have them evaluate you immediately. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Possible Infection

I do not recommend that you start taking medications without your doctors approval.  You may have an infection.  Contact your surgeon as soon as possible for an exam.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD