Is there a recommended minimum weight requirement for tummy tuck? (photo)

I am 4'11 and 107lbs and looking to get a tummy tuck to get rid of my stretch marks. I am healthy and have never had any health complications however I don't know if my weight would be a factor in a doctor being able to operate.

No Minimum

There should be no issues with your light weight, as long as you are healthy! Best of luck! Dr. Kim..

No Minimum

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Healthy and Ok

Thank you for reaching out and posting a photo! There should be no issue with your petite size, as long as your labs are good! From looking at your photo, you should get a stellar result! Be sure to visit a few experienced Board Certified Surgeons. We offer free consultations in both our Mission Viejo and Newport Beach offices if that is convenient for you, or feel free to message me with any other questions you have. best of luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Healthy and Ok

Recommended minimal weight for tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Not unless your lab studies are abnormal.  You look fine to undergo a tummy tuck which is the only procedure which will help you.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher M.D 

Can I have Surgery

Really it just depends on what you need and what can or can't be done to reach your goals. If you are looking to remove all he upper abdomen stretch marks that will not be totally possible. The lower ones can be removed. You look pretty lean so obviously it may be hard to get a ton of skin off but you look like you would get a great result. Best thing is show up for a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and they will guide you. 

Can I have Surgery

Tummy Tuck - minimum weight

There is no minimum weight standard as long as the patient is not anorexic or severely underweight and unhealthy.  You appear to be a great candidate for abdominoplasty.  Make sure you seek some in person consultations with board certified plastic surgeons for more information. Best of luck to you 

Tummy Tuck - minimum weight

Abdomioplasty (tummy tuck): information

Dear Ms. Ncastellanos,

Thank you for your photos, story and questions.  
Nothing substitutes for a personal evaluation and a face to face discussion of your options.  Unfortunately without a examination I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

In general it's best to be a your goal weight prior to surgery:
1) your abdomen (and other parts of your body) often will change size with weight fluctuations.
2) we all have internal fat (fat on our internal organs that pushes out the abdominal wall and accessible to liposuction or abdominoplasty) and external fat (fat that we can pinch between our fingers that can be liposuctioned or surgically removed during abdominoplasty). Weight loss effects both and thus we can make your muscles tighter and remove the excess hanging skin
3)you appear to have a normal Body Mass Index  (BMI) if it's over 35  and greater   it is associated with progressive increased complications.

I suggest you make out a list of your questions and select several nude "model" photos of what your desired goals/look would be and then schedule several different consultative appointments with experienced Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who are ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes, 

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Abdomioplasty (tummy tuck): information

Dear Ms. Ncastellanos,

My best wishes, 

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Tummy Tuck and Weight Requirement

In general I would prefer that the patient is at or close to their goal or ideal body weight.  I like the weight to be stable for atleast 3 months before have a tummy tuck peformed.

Judging by your photos, you appear to be an ideal candidate for an abdominoplasty procedure.

Make certain you visit a few board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your procedure.  Evaluate before and after photos, making sure you pay close attention to the position and height of the incision as well as the belly button.

Good luck.

Tummy Tuck and Weight Requirement

Good luck.

Is there a recommended minimum weight requirement for tummy tuck?

If you're in good general health being at a trim weight and in good physical condition will facilitate your procedure and recovery.  Meet a couple of board certified experts in reasonable proximity to your home and review photos.  Best wishes and enjoy your results.  Watch the video discussion of tummy tucks above (mini vs full) for additional information that you'll find helpful.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck weight requirements

Hello and thank you for the question.  It looks like you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  As long as you have no medical problems and have realistic expectations you should be able to proceed.  See a  board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and physical exam.  At the consult you will have all of your questions answered regarding the surgery.  Good luck!

Sincerely,

Dr. Michelle Spring

Tummy tuck weight requirements

Sincerely,

Dr. Michelle Spring

Thank you for your picture and questions. In short answer, no, there is no minimum weight requirement. You seem to be very fit with a significant amount of excess and stretched skin. I think you would be a great candidate for tummy tuck but it would not likely be able to remove ALL of your stretch marks. I would say that you could get out the majority of the skin up to the umbilicus but the stretch marks above there will be retained but lowered on your abdomen. 

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!