I am almost 6 weeks post-op facelift with jowls still very noticeable - what can I do? (Photos)

I was told my sonobello facelift would not help my nasolabial folds, but the jowls would be removed. Am very disappointed considering the intolerable tightness and pressure I still suffer with. What/when can be done to remove these horrible lines--the reason I underwent the surgery and it's expense was to get rid of these lines. I still cry when I look at my face. Anybody you would recommend in the Temecula or San Diego area?

Revision Surgery Can Help

Even though it's not possible to provide a fully informed opinion without seeing your preoperative photos or examining the facelift results in person, it does appear you have reason to be concerned with the outcome. At 6 weeks, the final results of your procedure are still emerging, but your photos appear to justify your concerns. It's still too early for a revision procedure, though. You can return to your original surgeon and discuss your concerns, or schedule one or more consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in the San Diego or Temecula area. 

Facelift

The sono bello procedure did not address your jowls properly.  I would recommend a high SMAS facelift that will correct your nasolabial folds, jowls and neck.  You are an excellent candidate and be very satisfied with the results.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Not satisfied with my facelift.

Hello, nursevickis.  The nasolabial creases and marionnette lines can be improved with dermal fillers. It is quite possible that you can see some improvement in the next few months.  We also don't know what your preop pictures were like.  At any rate, you are not pleased with the result.  I would suggest allowing more time for healing and then revisit the SonoBello surgeon or an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon for further insight.  You can get more improvement and it may involve additional surgery.  Good luck, you'll get there!

Facelift

Hello and thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your disappointment.  I recommend returning to your surgeon and sharing your concerns.  If you have seen your surgeon multiple times and are still no happy, then seek consultation with a second opinion board-certified plastic surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Sonobello face lift - disappointed at six weeks

Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • You are still swollen and things may improve.
  • There is nothing to do now except wait 6 - 12 months to see your final result.
  • If you are still disappointed, you can either return to your Sonobello surgeon or see an experienced plastic surgeon in private practice.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I am almost 6 weeks post-op facelift with jowls still very noticeable - what can I do?

Based on your photos, I see your concerns.  Consider seeking a second opinion.  Take copies of your pre-operative photos and your surgery records with you to the appointment so the surgeon will know exactly what was done in your case.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I am almost 6 weeks post-op facelift with jowls still very noticeable

I am sorry you are disappointed with your result. It is to early to make a call. Too honestly and fairly judge your results photos of you immediately pre-op need to be compared with photos of you 2 months from now in the exact same pose and lighting. At that time talk with your surgeon about options.  

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision

Sorry  for your disappointment and though it is still early I would get my preop photos and operative note and go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and get some opinions after an examination and review of records
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Inadequate Facelift result

First, it is still very early to see the final result from your facial rejuvenation surgery.Second, You have not suffered any irreversible harm. Third, the disadvantage of many of the corporate Plastic Surgery Facilities is that you do not get a good face to face experience with your surgeon. Their training is not always Board certified Plastic Surgeons, and their experience may differ.  Hopefully, you will be able to meet with and talk with your Surgeon and he can offer you his advice.  Time is on your side.  Although we rarely have to perform revisions, I agree we never do them before 6 months to a year.
Good Luck

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Wait

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. Unfortunately, most surgeons would consider it too early to do any revisions. I would advise waiting for more definitive healing before proceeding with revision. Most surgeons who are revising their own surgery do so at minimal to no cost. It would be to your advantage to discuss this with your original surgeon. If you are unhappy and still wish to proceed with another doctor, then a second opinion at a later juncture would be appropriate.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon