Would the area I described in the question details be able to be fixed with Botox? Thank you. (photos)

I am considering Botox for the first time. I would probably get a little done on my four head and in between my eyes but the main area I would like to improve is the lines by my cheeks. They start about 1/2 inch from each side of my nose and end where my lips begin.with that area be possible to fix with Botox? Thank you.

What is the difference between Botox and Fillers

Botox and fillers work very differently. Botox relaxes muscles that can cause facial wrinkles while fillers work to restore volume to an area that is hollowing and possibly has wrinkles as well. Smile lines are most commonly treated with fillers.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers for These Furrows

Thanks for your question, jon250. Although BOTOX can certainly help the lines between your eyebrows, I typically recommend injectable fillers for the lines around your lower face — called nasolabial folds. Fillers, such as JUVÉDERM, are also injectables, but they actually fill these wrinkles from within to smooth them away. Unlike BOTOX, they also create instant results. You may treat your eyebrow lines and nasolabial folds in the same session, but be sure to find a qualified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to complete your procedures. Best of luck!

Susan M. Stuart, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Consider a Combination

That's a great question. BOTOX COSMETIC is an excellent choice for treating the wrinkles on your forehead and between your brows, which are caused by squinting and frowning. BOTOX is a drug that actually blocks nerve signals to temporarily relax your facial wrinkles. In some cases, the lines have become deeply etched, and even when the brow muscles are relaxed with BOTOX, lines in the skin remain. Dermal filler injections can be added to help smooth these deep lines by physically "filling" them with volume from beneath the skin. Fillers are also the ideal choice for the lines between your nose and lips, referred to as "nasolabial folds." JUVÉDERM and other high-quality fillers such as TEOSYAL are good options for deeper folds in this area, such as yours. You can easily get a combination of BOTOX and fillers to treat all of your concerns in a single appointment. Consult with an experienced, reputable specialist to learn more. Good luck.

Otto Weiglein, FRCSC
Burlington Plastic Surgeon

Combination of fillers and botox for best results

Filling in the lines between the eyebrow with juvederm or restylane and the nasolabial grooves between the nose and mouth with radiesse is easy to undergo. Botox or disport or xeomin is also needed for the frown lines .

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Glabella wrinkles

An in office consultation would consider what would be the best course of treatment but a combination of Botox, Juvederm, and Sculptra in conjunction would work very well to rejuvenate your appearance. 

Botox May Help Soften Your Appearance

Botox Cosmetic may help soften the appearance of the vertical lines between the brows (frown lines) but an injectable filler (e.g. Radiesse, Restylane, Juvederm) is needed to improve the appearance of the smile lines. For the best results injectable filler is needed in the mid-face beneath the cheek bone, in the smile fold itself and in the marionette fold below the corner of the mouth.

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and fillers in men

You are certainly an appropriate candidate for consideration of both botox and filler injections.
1. Those nasolabial folds that you are noticing are a result of volume loss in your cheek so using one of the hyaluronic acid fillers would be a great choice to address your cheek and diminish such lines. Make sure that your physician is aware of the intricate differences when it comes to injection of male cheek as we would never want to feminize your face.
2. The deep lines between your brows (glabellar lines) can be addressed by botox, filler injections or a combination of both. 

Andrei Metelitsa, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Filler

The areas you describe can be improved with BOTOX and fillers.  The forehead and number 11's (frown lines) would be treated with BOTOX while the folds by your mouth would be improved with a filler like juvederm

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Botox for Forehead,11 Lines, Eyes ... works great , often needs fillers especially on facial folds

Botox and fillers work to help this area and do very well. i suggest seeing an expert that treats a lot of men. Facial lines require volumization and lifting not just direct line filling to look natural and subtle.  Best, Dr. Emer.

In my opinion, in men, cheek volume loss is better corrected with the proper facial implant, not  life long injections of syringes of various filler. I believe you would do best with submalar implants. The results are immediate and permanent. The implants can easily be changed if needed in the future as the soft tissue collapse and laxity increases.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon