I'm 46. I had a temporal lift, bleph top lids lower face lift, and mesh chin augmentation. What can I do to speed up healing?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 7
Vitamin Supplementation for Post Op
I suggest to my patients beginning #supplements such as #bromelain or #arnica a week or two before their procedure(s). However, its best to consult with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon beforehand. She or he will make suggestions according to your procedure and medical records in addition to discussing your pre-op preparations. Also, such may be provided for you with your pre-op material and prescriptions in time for your #recovery period. You will learn more about preparing at your pre-op appointment.
Numbness and weakness after facelift
Facial Surgery Recovery Protocol
Here is a list of “Do’s and Don’ts” in my opinion I would advice from my patients:
- Do use a cool pack on the incisions as this will help reduce any residual fullness.
- Do continue with painkillers if required, as around 5% of patients will have some ear pain which will settle within a week or two.
- Do shower and hair wash daily.
- Do resume normal activities however avoid vigorous exercise or heavy lifting for 2 weeks post procedure.
- Don’t apply any make up, moisturiser or oils to the incision line until advised by us.
- Don’t allow pets of any variety to share a bed with you and avoid allowing pets near your face for the first four weeks after your procedure. Allowing pets near your face has the potential to result in an infection. However being vigilant will help reduce this risk.
- Do be vigilant with hand hygiene.
- Do notify us immediately if you have any concerns or notice any increased redness, heat around the incision or if you have any discharge from around the ear.
All the Best with your recovery!
You might also like...
Post Operative Healing
Concerns with Numbness after Chin Augmentation
Faster Recovery after surgery.
The typical common sense rules apply: drink plenty of water, eat healthy, no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise, and avoid the sun.
The best thing to do is follow your post-operative instructions and keep all of your follow-up appointments with your surgeon. If anything out of the ordinary arises, bring it to your surgeon's attention as early as possible. A safe recovery is a speedy one.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.