Why is the right side bigger and much harder three months after the surgery?

Hello, I got a gyneocmastia surgery by a well known surgeon. I am now three months from it and it is actually very strange because the right side is first of all bigger than the left one but when I touch it I can feel all around it a very hard piece of chair that I can even detach (it remains of course behind the chair) but it is an homogeneous piece of chair. Could you give me some explainations? thanks and regards

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery.  Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Difficult to tell from your description.

Hello ManuA7, 
Reading your question it appears as if you have some post-operative asymmetry and possibly some fat necrosis, hematoma or scar tissue. Although, I am unsure what you mean my a chair or the fact that it can be detached.  To me the most likely explanation would be that you had some bleeding on the right that resulted in that side being bigger and has a somewhat lumpy feel to it. If it is a homogeneous mass it may be a hematoma that consolidated or an area of fatty tissue that lost its blood supply and became a lump of fatty scar tissue. I hope this helps. I would definitely go back to the surgeon to show them exactly what you are feeling and seeing so that it can be addressed and hopefully corrected.  

Joseph B. Eby, MD, FACS