Results - post op 14 days after FUE (Photo)

Hello, i am 14 days post op fue and i am little bit worried about the results . it seems that the recipient area is a little bit thin. i know that its too earlier for shedding hair since is start only after 14 days from the operation. i marked the transplanted area in the attached photos. please, i would like to hear yours opinion. thanks a lot !

Hair growth after transplant

T this point there is not much you can do. It will take a few months  for the hair to start to come in and will take up to 18 months for full growth.  If it is too thin at that point you may need additional transplant to fill in the thin areas. 

Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplanted hairs will not look full as you may expect.

Transplanted hairs will not look full as you may expect.  It also depends on the number of grafts you received.  If you are concerned about the density or fullness as your doctor.  Make sure you have the right goals and expectations.  You may have great growth but the surgery will NOT be a success if your expectation or understanding of what to expect is different than what the surgeon can provide.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

2 weeks after a hair transplant

You look terrific. This is the type of quality work I expect to see at 2 weeks. If you are concerned that there are not enough grafts, go back to speak with your doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Disappointed in growth after two weeks

As hard as it is, you need to step away from the mirror. You simply cannot evaluate your results after two weeks, and you will drive yourself crazy if you keep checking for growth on a daily basis. (Believe me – I know from first-hand experience!) You may already have lost some of those terminal hairs that were attached to the transplanted follicles. A little early, but not unheard of. And you need to remember that it's going to be at least 9-10 months before you see anything approaching a final result or decide whether or not to have a second procedure to add density. It's always tough to say from photos (particularly photos that cannot be enlarged on a mobile device, as is the case with this website), but assuming you had somewhere around 1200-1400 grafts done by an experienced surgeon and his staff, you should end up with a very satisfactory result. 

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon