Azeleic acid and minoxidil 12.5% formula, LLT or Prp?

Hi I'm using since 2006 minoxidil 5%. At first I had a significant improvment which was lasted until 2010, and getting worse until today. My main problem is in forhead ,crown and center of the scalp. I saw many posts in the net and by hair loss clinic.Propecia and hairtransplent is not an option for me . Should I try hairmax laser or igrow helmet or maybe Prp injections, or azeleic acid?

PRP and LL Laser or Topicals

A combination of treatments may be needed for the best results.  Most patients respond better to PRP than the laser to thicken and re-grow hair.  Oral medications also help but you may not be a candidate. Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in hair loss to evaluate.  Best, Dr. Green

Topicals, LL laser or PRP?

In my opinion, you should be under the care of a hair expert. They can help you direct your therapy. As far as a comparison between topicals, low level laser and PRP, I have found that PRP is more effective. Studies show that hair follicles may increase in diameter 60 to 80%. Shedding usually is diminished. Hair regrowth is variable. All treatments for genetic type hair loss have to be continued. PRP must be done 2 to 3 times a year. Consider combination treatments. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon