I have some secretions on my head after FUE + PRP. What is it? And what should I do? (photos)

I had a PRP session 1 day after 3 days of FUE surgery. 24 hours later when I washed my head by spraying shampoo and gently rinsing, this things came out of my head! (Photos attached). It stopped bleeding and dried after a few minutes and then when I washed it again it started to discharge again from the same 8 or 9 points. My doctor said don't wash it again and apply Diprosone lotion (betamethasone) two times a day for a week! Is it ok? I am afraid of my grafts getting dehydrated or damaged!

You need to follow up with your doctor or go back to your doctor for an examination. Secretions are not normal.

You need to follow up with your doctor or go back to your doctor for an examination.  Secretions are not normal. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Terrible crusting after hair transplant

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon