Please help, is it possible to inject Belotero in thin skin of eyelids? (photos)

Hi please answer my question , my life depends on your answers, is it possible to inject fillers like belotero on the tarsal plate ? So close to the eyes , i have lost volume in this area due to an eye infection and ive lost the beauty of my eyes please help me out, tyndall effect possible? How about distribution of the filler ? Ive seen injections below the eyebrows biy not right on the eyelids. I really need ur answers thank you

Eyelid ptosis making upper eyelid tarsal platform more visible

Your life does NOT depend on this! You have beautiful eyes. You do not have problem on the tarsal plate. You have mild upper lid ptosis. See following link. 

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Please help, is it possible to inject Belotero in thin skin of eyelids?

Belotero® and Restylane® are considered the 2016 gold standard fillers for filling in lost volume to the undereye area, or tear troughs. As this is an advanced procedure, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Belotero Eyelid Injection

Filler is often used around the eyes for many purposes and if done by an experienced injector is considered relatively safe.  We often inject below the lower lids to fill tear troughs and hollows, and can be injected above and around the upper lid around the bony orbit to provide more volume.  That being said, I would not recommend injecting directly into the lid itself as it is a thin skinned area and I think the risks would outweigh the benefits.  Belotero is an excellent filler that is great for certain applications and has the advantage of not having a tyndall effect and is used by myself and many others around the orbital region.  You have very nice eyes and if you are considering any peri-orbital filler just make sure you see someone experienced. 

Christian Paquet, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Belotera into the thin skin of the eyelids

Hi there and thank you for the question. 

Belotera is an extremely well tolerated filler and has been placed into many many sites in the face including the thin skin of the eyelids but for the latter you need to be assessed by an experienced practitioner well versed in the anatomy of the face and eyelids; this could be a plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon. Tyndall effect is a risk but if the filler is placed deeply is unlikely to be seen. It is likely to be seen if placed in front of the tarsal plate but such a placement does not make sense as skin there is naturally very thin and only covered with thicker tissues in asian eyelids. I am sure that the improvement you seek is possible by judicious placement elsewhere around the eyelids as, although this does not seem intuitive, the effects of filler can impact away from the the actual site off injection. 

I hope that this information has been helpful.

Best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid injections

Belotero is a very smooth and soft filler and can be injected most anywhere with good results IF the injector is experienced with that technique.  I perform a lot of eyelid surgery, but have not injected above the tarsal plate.  As another doctor has mentioned- your life does not depend on this- I hope you were joking.  Also, I would have a thorough eyelid exam as ptosis, or droop may be the problem and is correctable.

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Filler (Restylane/Belotero) Injections to Eyelids Possible with Cannula--See an Expert

This can be done with injections using a cannula. I suggest seeing an expert with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.