Tear Trough/nasolabial Folds Injector in Toronto? (photO)

Hi there, I am looking to add a subtle amount of volume to my tear troughs and nasolabial folds. Would Belotero be an option? Any docs in TO use it? Would 1 cc per side for the tear troughs be too much? Are there any docs in Toronto who inject with blunt cannulas into the tear trough? Prefer not to have the corners of my mouth injected as my mouth has always turned downwards. If I am injected in the nasolabial area and do not have the corners of the mouth injected will it look unbalanced? ty

Doctor Answers 6

Visit a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Please make sure you go to a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon’s office to get the best options for your filler injections. We have several choices in the US, and you all in Canadaactually have a few more because of your Health Canada allowing certain fillers into Canada that have not yet made it through the FDA process.

You can have Restylane, Juvéderm or Belotero into these areas. Restylane and Belotero will give you the least swelling in the tear troughs in my experience, and all will be effective in the nasolabial folds. The right injector will work with you to do the best job possible.

Good luck.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Tear trough treatments in Toronto

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I have used various fillers successfully for many years to treat tear troughs and nasolabial folds. The choice of filler depends on the area injected, age of the patient, previous experience with filler, etc. Your most important decision is not which filler or which technique (e.g. cannula), but rather which injector to trust with your face. Ofcourse you want someone highly trained and experienced such as a dermatologist, and also want to make sure that you like and trust your physician and have a good rapport with them. Our website has much more details if you wish to research wrinkle fillers, etc. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane in Toronto

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I use Restylane Fine Lines (not available in the U.S.) and Esthelis Basic and Soft (called Belotero in the U.S.) and catheters.  You would need to be assessed to see which product would be best for you.  Please visit my website for more information or to book a consultation.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Dermal fillers and options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It would be best to consult with a reputable practice in your area, and discuss with them all of the options available regarding different fillers and injection techniques.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 231 reviews

Tear Trough/nasolabial Folds Injector in Toronto

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Belotero may be an option for the tear through. However, juvederm is a better product for the nasolabial area. An experienced and expert master injector knows how to balance the face to ensure a natural and beautiful result. To find a top injector the restylane.com and juvederm.com sites are good starting points.  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS
West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Tear Trough/nasolabial Folds Injector in Toronto?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I suggest using Restylane for the tear troughs and Juvederm for the nasolabial folds. Search for a reputable board certified physician in your area to ensure a natural, lasting result.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.