TCA Peel for Mexican Skin?

Being a Mexican woman, would a TCA peel be recommend for my skin and what percentage should be used? I am 48 years old and my face has brown spot due to sun damage, age, I believe birth control and I.V.S for about 3 years.

A light TCA peel may be quite effective for ethnic skin types

A TCA peel may be very effective for your hyperpigmentation problem. A 10% peel may be all that is needed. In order to avoid problems it would be necessary for you to begin on a skin lightening agent that contains hydroquinone and kojic acid. I have had patients with similar skin type and problem respond to this topical treatment. If you do not respond within 10 weeks then a light TCA peel would be in order.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

TCA Peels would be great for mexican skin

Yes, a series of a few light chemical peels such as 10-15% TCA peels would do the job in most cases. They are done about 2 weeks apart and cost around $250 each. A triple bleaching cream and sunscreen are also recommended.  Good Luck!

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel for Mexican skin

TCA peels for your skin type can be safe and effective to address sun-damaged skin. I would start with a 10% peel, and would not go any higher than 20% in you. I would consult with a practitioner who can explain and manage the potential complications of chemical peels.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

TCA peel for Mexican skin

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist