I had the surgery tummy tuck & liposuction April 4th and am still too swollen to fit my jeans. Is this normal?

Swelling post op

Since yopu are about 2 months out you can bexpected to have some swelling so heat and m,assage would be good to help it go away.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. It is too early to comment on your results. Swelling can persist for 6-12 months. It is best to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Normal recovery

After tummy tuck surgery, I advise the patients to take two weeks off from work. The patients may return to work, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At two months, the patients start low impact cardio. At three months they can engage in more strenuous physical activity. If anything hurts or causes swelling, we ask them to back off somewhat. I prefer the patients to stay in town for two weeks if they from more than 2-3 hours away. I do not allow patients to fly before 2 to 3 weeks at the very minimum.

Swelling Post Surgery

Swelling post surgery, especially liposuction and a tummy tuck can take up to a year to completely resolve. As the months progress, the swelling should minimize, so be patient. You are only a few weeks into your recovery.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Swollen after TT

Thanks for your question. It really is too early for all the swelling goes down and you can wear the clothes you want. This can take + 6 months. I recommend ultrasound massage and lymphatic drainage to help your recovery.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question and photo. You are still relatively early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following your tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.