Am I a candidate for liposuction? (photos)

I am a mommy of 2 and obviously have gained some stretch marks and weight afterwards. I am planning on going in for a breast augmentation and was considering getting liposuction done as well around my hips and abdomen. But was wondering if I would be a good candidate for it or if I would need a tummy tuck instead? Really trying to avoid a tummy tuck, but don't want loose saggy skin after lipo. Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you!

Am I a candidate for liposuction?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Am I a candidate for liposuction

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos you appear to need a tummy tuck.  An in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will better address all of your concerns and an exam will be able to tell you what exactly your options are however, based on your photos it looks as though you need a tummy tuck.  
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

I know you don't want to hear this but your photos strongly suggest that a lot of your "fat" is from stretched muscleHave a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you can get away with liposuction onlyMy patients who need and have tummy tucks really are thrilled...results can be amazing

Tummy Tuck

Hi Tiffanyk23, Thank you for your pictures and question. Based on the pictures is seems as if you would be a good candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. You tummy tuck would be most effective for treatment of your abdomen area because of the excess fat, separated muscles and loose skin associated with stretchmarks. Consult board-certified plastic surgeon for your treatment and care.Be well

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

Hello, thanks so much for your inquiry and for posting your pictures. I would suggest to have a full tummy tuck and liposuction in waist, flanks and maybe lower back. An abdominoplasty would help you get rid of the extra skin, fix your abdominal muscle wall, and it will give you a flat tummy.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with or without Tummy Tuck

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Best, Dr. Emer

#Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ #Liposuction/#Body Contouring with Fat Grafting/ #BBL

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.  From the skin contracture component of the Vaser, you may not need a tummy tuck in the future.
I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Candidate for Liposuction

By your photos you do seem to be a good candidate for liposuction.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help determine the best procedure for you (ie. liposuction vs. tummy tuck).

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!