Will the mona lisa procedure work for me if I have been suffering w/this problem for years at least 10 years maybe more?

I had tried bio-identical hormones ,herbs, lubricants all to no avail .I have always enjoyed an active sex life and I want that back.

Menopausal vaginal dryness improves with FemiLift and MonaLisa

Sometimes the best hormonal results are seen with vaginal insertions. If you haven't tried them you haven't really determined if they don't work. Nonetheless, laser is an excellent nonhormonal option for menopausal vaginal dryness related to atrophy. Be aware that menopausal atrophy is not the only factor that can cause vaginal dryness. You would be well served by seeing an experienced gynecologist.

Does the duration of symptoms alter the efficacy?

In my experience, MonaLisa has been effective for patients regardless of the duration of their symptoms.  However, I would encourage you to see a specialist to be evaluated first.  There are many reasons why you can experience pain with intercourse.  The most common is atrophy which typically responds to vaginal estrogen.  In women, who do not respond or who do not want to use vaginal estrogen MonaLisa touch is a great option.  It is a simple in office procedure with a high success rate.  However, if atrophy is not the problem or it is one of many issues you may require a different treatment.  With an appropriate treatment plan most of my patients improve.  Don't wait another 10 years!

Patrick Nosti, MD, FACOG, FPMRS
Shawnee Mission Urogynecologist

Does the MonaLisa procedure work?

The MonaLisa Touch is very likely to help with vaginal dryness, atrophy and pain with intercourse resulting from lack of estrogen.  It acts to increase the blood supply to the vaginal tissues and increase the fluid retaining portions of the vagina.  Thus, lubrication, decreased irritation, and potentially decrease in laxity should result.  It is not designed to increase libido, although by decreasing the discomfort that you may have with intercourse, you may experience more desire for sex.   It can be used in conjunction with estrogen therapy and herbal supplements safely.   

Will the Mona Lisa procedure work?

Thank you for your question. There are many non-surgical procedures being performed today to help with women's sexuality. These include laser therapies as well as radio-frequency therapies. However, in my experience your sexuality is best treated with combination modalities. It is important that you are examined by a gynecologist experienced in the changes that are occurring in your vaginal tissue. Based on those findings you can have individual therapy prescribed if you are determined to be a candidate for non-surgical therapy. I hope this helps.

Dr. John Serrao
Cosmetic-Plastic Gynecologist

Better lubrication

I have attended multiple Speciality Urogynecology meetings this year and only the MonaLisa laser has the scientific data to show improvement in the vulvovaginal atrophy of menopause. The restoration of the vaginal tissue and secretions to a premenopausal range. There are providers that will combine the MonoLisa with the "O" shot for enhanced intimacy.

Chronic problem MLT a solution?

Unless you have a chronic inflammatory vulvar skin condition, your bioidentical hormones especially were at an INADEQUATE dose. Monalisatouch resembles the effects of ADEQUATE estrogen replacement or adequate vaginal estrogen but easier. The cream helps the outside skin of opening faster and could be used in addition. Make sure your MLT'er has a plan for the "SKIN."

Vaginal atrophy through the years

Based on your description, it appears you've been through many treatment modalities without achieving the desired endpoint. To say it bluntly, what do you have to lose at this point, but to try the MonaLisa Touch!  I've treated many women with differing baseline atrophy. You will respond to the treatment but the degree of improvement may not mirror the patients who addressed the symptoms earlier in their menopausal years. You may reach a higher satisfaction with an approach that incorporates the MonaLisa Touch and vaginal Bioidentical hormones and physical therapy with the focus on the pelvic floor. I am holding a seminar October 26th that will discuss acheiving intimacy through the years.  We will have a sex therapist and a pelvic floor therapist to explain how this multifaceted approach is sometimes required to maximize satisfaction for women. I encourage to reach out to your gynecologist who offers the MonaLisa Touch and undergo a thorough history and physical exam and see if you can improve your experience during intimacy. Best of luck.