When I smile/talk my teeth don't show, my orthodontist said my face just needs to grow, is this true or is there another way?

Your teeth do not show

well, there are several techniques to change this, one of them is to do surgery, other techniques include a complete smile makeover, and combined with several options, pictures and x rays are required , smile analysis needs to be done , but certainly you will find a way.

Smile

your upper jaw did not grown downward as much as it should have. Surgery can fix that by bringing the upper jaw down to give you better smile

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon