Are these considered tubular breasts? If so, what are the most non-invasive, minimal risk corrective options? (photo)

If so, are they considered to be severe or mild? I would prefer to steer away from fat grafting as this seems to be a new technique and therefore no guarantee on long term complications. I do not want foreign objects in my body either, so implants are not an option. All input is greatly appreciated.

Are these considered tubular breasts? If so, what are the most non-invasive, minimal risk corrective options?

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Tubular Breasts and Options

One category of patients include #DevelopmentalBreastProblems. I see young women that come to the office, and the two breasts are very asymmetric. One breast is lower than the other. There may be differences in size. Or there are certain conditions such as #tuberous breast deformity, where the breast has a more unusual shape. It may be very narrow at the base on the chest. The whole breast can be very narrow. There are different variations but basically, this is a growth and development problem that creates a great deal of angst for a young woman.

Do I have tuberous breasts

Hi and thank you for the question. You don't have tuberous breasts.  But you may have a slight construction of the lower poles. This is something your surgeon will be better able to asses during an exam. It may need to be addressed with some manipulation of the breast tissue and possibly lowering the fold but it is much easier to deal with than a true tuberous breast. You should be able to achieve a good outcome. Good luck to you 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tubular or not?

Good news - you do not have tubular breasts.  You have a little bit of ptosis and areolar enlargement, but otherwise a normal looking breast.  Hopefully, that is reassuring.

In your question you mentioned a few things you don't want, like implants or fat grafting.  But it wasn't as clear what your goal is here.  But none of the surgical options are "non-invasive".

If you decide you want surgery, you can discuss the pros and cons with your local PS.

Not tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question.  You do not have tuberous breasts.  I'm not sure what your concerns are, but you would do well with a breast augmentation and a circumareolar mastopexy.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Breasts

What exactly are your concerns with your breasts?  Unless I know exactly what it is that you dislike, or believe is a problem then it is difficult to address how to fix it/improve it.  Your breasts and areolae appear asymmetrical, but I don't believe are tuberous.  If you want an operation for symmetry then this could be achieved without implants or fat grafting.  I would advise a consultation, in person, with a plastic surgeon to fully discuss your exact concerns.  All the best

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Tuberous breasts present in different degrees of severity.  Three hallmark features of tuberous breasts include enlarged areolas, herniation of breast tissue through the areola, and a constricted base.  It is not clear to me from your photograph whether or not you do actually have tuberous breasts.  Best to discuss particular circumstances during an in-person consultation.  Best regards.

Would benefit from mastopexy

While your breasts are not tubular (or tuberous), they do share some of the characteristics of a tuberous breast, including mild constriction of the lower pole.

If you are interested in improving the shape of your breasts, one option is to perform a peri-areolar or vertical mastopexy. This will allow re-shaping of the breast skin and tissue to give you a more aesthetically pleasing breast. Although you are not interested in augmentation procedures, these are still the most straightforward methods for improving breast volume and shape. 

Good luck!

Not tuberous

Thank you for your question and photos. You do not have tuberous breasts in the traditional sense but you do have an element of constriction medially with large areola and asymmetries. Your goals are most important to determining the best plan. The only way to augment the breasts is with an implant. I recommend you see a qualified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss. Best of luck to you! Dr. Hartmann

Emily Hartmann, MD
Chico Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts?

I don't believe you have tuberous breasts. Instead, I believe you're a good candidate for a breast augmentations with slightly differing sized breast implants to address the obvious asymmetry of size between your breasts. Seek the consult of a qualified plastic surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo :)

Aldo Guerra, MD