Is the Enlighten Pico and Nano Genesis laser for dark spots better then the other lasers?

I've tried several different lasers for my dark spots on my arms and nothing has really worked. The Dr is now recommending that I get TCA peels on them, but the down time is longer then I'd like. Do you think this new laser is worth trying.

PicoGenesis...

Thank you for your question.  PicoGenesis is a novel treatment for pigment, it uses a picosecond pulse which fires so fast (10^-12) it essentially creates a little earthquake in the skin, this reverberation disrupts the pigment and causes the body to clear the pigment leading to more youthful, radiant skin.  It is highly effective for skin.  Previously, Dermatologists used q-switched lasers to treat pigment.  Q-switched lasers fire in the nanosecond (10^-9) domain which does not cause the same effect as picosecond lasers.  Most modern lasers fire in the millisecond range which is 10^-3 so you can see how much faster picos are firing.  If you have not tried a picosecond laser, it should work much more effectively to clear pigment.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

PicoGenesis...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon