Would my broken nose require surgery or could it just be reset? (Photo)

I have no insurance and am expecting payment in court for my injuries. About how much should I ask for to have it fixed?

Broken nose

There is only a relatively short amount of time (less than 2 weeks) during which a nose can be 'reset' by pushing the broken bones back into place under an anaesthetic.

Once the bones have set in place they can only be corrected by a rhinoplasty.  The exact type of rhinoplasty a patient requires will depend on several factors.  For instance a septorhinoplasty will be needed if there are breathing problems associated with a deviated septum (the sheet of tissue separating the two internal passages in the nose).  Some patients will want exactly the same nose they had pre injury whereas others will want some adjustments at the same time such as a smaller nose.  Best wishes.

Hull Plastic Surgeon

Costs of rhinoplasty

You need a rhinoplasty to correct the traumatic deformity of your nose.   Get photos before and after injury.   Hard to say about costs.   Correction would cost between 10 to 15 thousand dollars.    My Best,  Dr Commons

Would my broken nose require surgery or could it just be reset?

After a couple weeks, the nasal bones have set in their permanent position of being crooked. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the crooked nose by placement of osteotomies in the nasal bones and manually shifting them back to their normal straight position. In addition, the dorsal hump can be shaved down the same time. This procedure will need to be performed under general anesthesia in a formal operating room. For more information, our current price list and many before-and-after examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the link and the video below