What Kind of Lift Do I Need? Should I Get Smaller Implant Because I Am Not Done Having Children? (photo)

I am not worried about having the lollipop scars, if that is what I need. I am not done having children and know that I will most likely need a revision when I have my tubes tied. I would like to be able to breast feed but understand if that is impossible. I am just so embarrassed and depressed with the way my chest looks right now. When I was engorged with milk, my left breast was perfect. My right one got the "football" look to it. Will having augmentation stop the purple nipple in right breast? Also, about how much would the cost of the surgery be? I understand price varies by location, etc., I am in Tampa. I just want to know that I am not being taken advantage of.

What Kind of Lift Do I Need? Should I Get Smaller Implant Because I Am Not Done Having Children?

Dear mamalove,

Thank you for your question and photos.  You will definitely benefit from an augmentation and lift.  Using a slightly bigger implant on the smaller side will even out the breasts.  Your breast crease is pretty high , and this may need to be altered during the procedures.  You should still be able to breast feed after the procedure.

Best Wishes, 

PAblo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry to breats

I think the simplest thing to do looking at your photos would be to do an assymetrical aug.If you are palnning more children you can do lifts later if they are needed but I think a silicone aug would be best for you at this time.the cost with silicone is about 6000.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry evaluation and sizing with Vectra 3D

You are a good candidate for periareolar mastopexy (scars around the areola only) and different size silicone implants.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon who uses Vectra 3D imaging and discuss different sizes and profiles of implants and their outcome. Best of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

with proper sizing and choice of implants and skill full surgery you can have enlarged and fuller breasts with minimal scarring

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Asymmetry

Dear Mama,

Your breasts, as you know, are quite asymmetric and have a small amount of sagging (ptosis).  Your options are numerous and need to be weighed against your desire to have, and breast feed, more children.  Consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgery will clarify all of your options for you.  Good luck!

Yes implants p[lus a donut lifting might solve the issues. Fee ranges from $5,000 to $10,000. Seek in person opinions. 

Due to the asymmetry between the breasts, different sized implants will be necessary and a modified breast lift technique will be necessary to produce similar skin envelopes.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Circum-Areolar Lift with High Profile Implant

Your best option is high profile implants placed under the muscle with the Dual Plane technique and a circum-areolar lift.  Different size implants should be used...the range of implants best suited for you would be determined pre-operatively, but intra-operative sizers should be used to confirm the correct size to achieve symmetry.  Unfortunately, breast surgery will not alter the color of your right nipple but your areolar will be more similar in size...good luck!

Eric Sadeh, MD

Breast asymmetry

First, you have significant breast asymmetry.  Augmentation with a lift may benefit you. As for the specific lift it really depends upon your exam.

Breast aymmetry

You have some asymmetry both in shape and breast volume.  You may be able to get away with a breast augmentation only on your right side but the left side is significantly lower and will require a breast lift, most likely a vertical lift.  If you did have only a breast augmentation I would expect the right side to be okay and the left side to have a bit of pseudoglandular ptosis.  You could consider only an augmentation now and then after you are done with your family then consider the lift.   I am not sure if any  procedure will change the coloration of your areola.  Average cost in Atlanta is 5,500 to 6,000 for a breast augmentation with silicone gel implants, about 1,000 less with saline implants.