I'm I a Candidate for Liposuction? (photo)

i want to know will i have loose skin after liposuction done to the love handles and abdominal area im 26 years old no kids but few stretch marks in certain areas i have show 4 photo's below to see if i need liposuction or a tummy tuck? I'm 5,8 178 pounds but i have lost a lot of weight over 42pounds i was down and depressed i recovery from that but still have fat in the stomach area! just want a dr. opinion of what should i consider before i go with liposuction and regret it its better safe than sorry

Lipo

You are relatively thin and you have a section of retained fat around your lower trunk and back that will benefit from liposuction

Lipo or tummy tuck

I think you are young enough and lipo is prtobably all you will need since your skin will contract somewhat..If ot maybe you would need just a mini abdominoplasty.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Patients with loose skin may be candidates for liposuction if their expectations are in line

The patient pictured looks to be a satisfactory candidate for liposuction. There is some laxity of the skin and some stretch marks. Nevertheless the skin should be able to accommodate the modest amount of fat that will be aspirated

Am I a candidate for liposuction?

Congratulation on the weight loss. Viewing your photos is not adequate to determine if a liposuction would be beneficial for you. If you have some fat under the skin, the chances are that a minor liposuction would help. However, for an accurate assessment, you should see your plastic surgeon. You actually look very good for having lost 46 pounds. It appears that your skin elasticity is good as well.

I'm I a Candidate for Liposuction?

Very hard to answer over the internet. I believe a liposuction COULD obtain a goos result but if you desire "flatness" than ONLY excisional TT surgery will achieve those goals. Best to have in person evaluations. 

Lipo vs Tummy Tuck after weight loss and...no kids YET Ask Dr Ellen

Hello k9stud26,

Congratulations on losing 42 lbs!  That's fantastic and you look great!  You are so young and have a wonderful life ahead of you.  As a woman and a board certified plastic surgeon, I really enjoy talking with woman about both a short and long term plan when it comes to body sculpting.  As an example, if pregnancy is on your mind in the next few years, it would not make much sense to commit to a tummy tuck now- your skin will only become further stretched and lax.  However, after you are finished having kids, a tummy tuck might make a lot of sense- the ultimate sculpting of skin, fat and including muscle tightening.

At this time, it looks as though lipo alone will meet your goals:

narrow your waist line

reduce your girth, thickness

proportion your figure- front and back

I would be optimistic that in the right hands, you would have a beautiful result with minimal skin contour irregularities and a balanced figure!

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Results of liposuction

HI,

I actually disagree a little with some of the other responses. I think that on your flanks and love handles you will get a good response to liposuction alone. Your abdomen, however, appears to have some stretch marks and may not contract perfectly after even moderate liposuction. This means that though the fat will be gone, the skin may not be tight. It is hard to say without assessing your skin tone in person, but you may want to consider a "mini" tummy tuck with tightening of the lower abdominal skin.

All my best,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Question regarding the appropriate procedure: liposuction vs tummy tuck

From your photos and history of no pregnancy (though considerable weight loss), it appears that liposuction alone may provide you with an acceptable improvement in the appearance of your abdomen and flanks. Nevertheless, the best way to have this determination made would be to have a formal consultation and examination with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Liposuction

From the photos, it looks like you may be a good candidate for liposuction, but you would need to be evaluated in person.

Liposuction of the abdomen, flanks and hip areas

You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction.  You have not had children and for your frame and height you are not overweight.  Being 26 years of age your skin should have excellent elasticity to shrink and contour itself to your new figure after liposuction.  I think either traditional liposuction or Laser liposuction is fine for you provided you find a qualified board certified Plastic Surgeon who has done a lot of liposuction procedures.  Viewing his work and reading about testimonials from his patients would be very helpful.  Doing your homework ahead of time pays off in achieving the results you want.  It is important to find one who uses small canulas to achieve a smooth result.  Doing it under local with IV sedation vs general should not affect the result as long as the doctor is skilled and takes the proper time to make everything smooth and wrinkle free.  It worse to have someone who is too aggressive and remove too much fat causing depressions and undulations. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon