What are ways (in addition to light walking) to keep good blood circulation 1-2 weeks post op?

I've had Vaser lipo of tummy , arms, back and inner thighs about 5 days ago. I'm doing more activity each day (light housekeeping) which feels good. I feel pretty mobile except for bending down and my inner thighs are still so swollen/sore. I walk around the house for 10min every 2hrs to keep blood moving. What "exercises" do you recommend that I incorporate? Arm circles ..Very high/light squats, triceps kickbacks..Rotating ankles .(no weights of course, just want to move my muscles

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Post VASER Hi Def Liposuction--Exercise during recovery process and healing

In my practice, I generally suggest that my patients start walking and moving every hour following their surgical procedure. Strenuous activities should be avoided for 3-4 weeks.  A light walk is okay 24 hours after surgery, but you will likely have drains that will be draining fluid and it is best to maintain adequate compression and bandages to ensure fluid does not leak all over hotel/home. You may carefully resume normal exercise 3 weeks after surgery, but please use common sense that if the activities cause pain or hurt, please stop. You will find your boundaries, do not push as this will only cause irregularities later down the road.

Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Exercise After Liposuction

Sounds like you are already on the right track. You should be moving every hour to ensure that your blood is moving throughout your body and to minimize the risk of blood clots in your legs. Any exercise program should be approved by your plastic surgeon. Walking daily and doing activities of daily living as you already are is good. Anything more than that in the first 4-6 weeks might contribute to increased swelling and a longer recovery. As I mentioned before, you should ask your plastic surgeon about an exercise regimen as s/he knows exactly what was done during your procedure. Wishing you a smooth recovery!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Hello,Any activity where you are using some muscle will help circulate blood and lymphatic tissue. Consider seeking lymphatic messages.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician