Wanting to explant my saline subglandular implants under local in Tampa , FL

I have saline subglandular implants that I would like to remove under local in Tampa, FL or surrounding area . Looking for Plastic Surgeon and pricing to be done under local. I have had them for 18 years no problems just want to be all me again . Thank you
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Breast Implant Explant

If you understand the pros and cons of removing implants under local anesthesia and leave the capsule regardless of condition , then any plastic surgeon can do that for very cheap price. but if you need any further surgery then you are fully responsible for the cost of any further surgery.  The cheapest is not necessarily the best. Do what is good for your particular condition

Remove saline subglandular implants

Thank you for your question about removing your saline implants.

• This can be done in the office, with local anesthesia and minimal pain.
  • I have had to do this for women who do not have the money for anything more costly.
  • However there are significant disadvantages -
  • You may have a thick capsule that should be removed - it cannot be removed with local anesthesia.
  • You may need a breast lift to tighten the breasts - this also cannot be done with local anesthesia.
  • I suggest you find a surgeon who will consider doing this for you but who will explain all the pros and cons - before you make any decision.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Even though it's possible, I am a proponent of general anesthesia- since it is the safest method of anesthesia, patient is free of pain and discomfort and the Surgeon has a full control of the operation.

Wanting to explant my breast implants under local?

Yes, it is possible to have breast implants removed under local anesthesia in some cases. If so, the cost of the procedure can be kept relatively low. If, on the other hand, a patient requires additional work, local anesthesia may not be the best way to go.
I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals in detail. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

You may need a capsulecomy too.

Removing saline implants can be done under local anesthetic but you may need a capsulectomy as well and that procedure needs to be done under general anesthetic. A capsulectomy removes the scar tissue your body creates around the implant. If the scar tissue ins't removed the space the implant was in may never close and can be a problem in the future. Simple removal of the implants runs about $1200 in Utah. A capsulectomy costs between $2400-$4800. Maany doctors will remove the implant at no charge when a capsulectomy is performed. Best of luck.