Tummy Tuck + Lipo draining question. Any suggestions?

32yr male - I got a Fleur de Lis tummy tuck on Monday with some lipo I'm guessing, and I've had the drains in. It's been pretty steady bright red Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday about 100cc per day estimated. Down to 40cc on Thursday but still brightish red. However today (Friday) - i seem to be doing about 20cc today and it's still brightish red. I've gone through the process to try and unclog the drain lines with my fingers but is this normal? I'm concerned im not draining properly.

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.There is always a lot of variation in drain outputs.  A lot of surgeons have different protocols that they follow when they are determining to remove the drains.  It’s normal for the drain output to be high at the beginning and slowly go down.  This does not necessarily mean that the drain is clogged rather that the drain output is just going down. Good luck

Drainage after tummy tuck

What you have described appears normal. After surgery, the amount of fluid in your drainage tube generally decreases over time. Continue to strip your drainage tubes to help prevent clogging. If you are still worried, contact your surgeon's office and they will be able to assess further and offer advice. Good luck!