Tuberous Breast Correction, debating between explant or replacement?

Almost 10 years ago I had a breast augmentation. I have a tuberous breast that was never corrected. I'm having quite a bit of breast pain and I'm embarrassed by how my breasts currently look (because they're so uneven) and am debating on explant surgery or possibly having the implants replaced. Are there any certified plastic surgeons in or around the Tampa Bay Florida area that are familiar with correcting tuberous breasts?

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Tuberous breasts correction

Dear Linton,

Front and side view pictures would have been very helpful. Your situation is not simple, so you will have to consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentations with mini lift, which is the best way to correct tuberous breasts. Most importantly, check their before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.

Not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely, even if it means to travel out of town. That will prevent you , hopefully, from getting bad result and needing corrective surgery.

Dr Widder

Correcting tuberous breast shape

Thanks for the question.  Without a photo I can't make specific comments on your breast shape, and certainly don't know how difficult  it would be to correct your shape.  There are specific concepts that should be considered in dealing with tuberous breast shapes.  Most of the Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your geographic area of the country have quite a lot of experience in correcting this breast shape.  Choose your Plastic Surgeon wisely, and good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

I am sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing (and the presence of significant breast asymmetry).

Although I cannot provide you with specific names, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Basically, patients should look at the overall "quality" of the outcomes achieved;  in other words, it will be important that patients see lots of examples of outcomes that they would be pleased with.  In doing so patients will be able to get an idea of each  plastic surgeon's "aesthetic sensibilities". Of course, careful evaluation of the photographs (including factors such as time out of surgery and initial anatomic starting point) will be important as patients evaluate before/after photographs.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes.