Hello. Today is day 13 and absolutely no results with Botox(28 units) on my glabella. I am 29, first timer. (photo)

Hello. Today is day 13 and absolutely no results with Botox(28 units) on my glabella. I am 29(first timer). I have done research and pretty much the only cause I could find for it not to work was that your aftertime some peoples antibodies reject it but as I said it is my first time :( I was beyond excited to finally get this done and went to a board certified trainer in the field. Any ideas? suggestions, what I can say or do for my 2week+ consult Thank you Excuse the pic I have no makeup on

Glabella and Forehead Wrinkles -- Botox/Dysport and Fillers

Sometimes more dosing is needed or fillers. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with expertise in treating this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox Not Working

It appears that you may require a larger dose. I'd recommend speaking with your qualified injector to discuss your concerns and to determine your options. 

All the best. 

You need to have more Botox

Your response to botox should be better . Please see your doctor( if your injector is not board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon  or facial plastic surgeon, ask to see one)

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

28 Units Botox to Glabella and No Response

It would be unusual in my practice not to get a good response in the glabella after 28 units.  My most common dose in the glabella is 20 units.  You should go back to your injector so they can take a look in person.  In my practice I would likely inject additional Botox as a touch-up.  We don't charge for touch-ups if done within a couple of weeks of the treatment.  Also, realize that Botox does not fill in static lines, it only works for dynamic lines.  Sometimes it helps to inject some filler into any residual static lines.

Botox not working

There a a small percentage of "non-responders" to botox, dysport and xeomin. These patients usually need high doses of the products. 28 units seems like a high dose already and it may become quite costly for you to continue with double or triple the dose. First question is " are you really getting 28 units of the  product"?
Consider trying a different product like dysport or xeomin.
If all fails there are surgical procedures which can weaken the muscle in the area.

Botx

I would call the office where you had your Botox and make sure that they do not dilute the Botox.  28 units should not allow this much glabellar motion 13 days post Botox.  I also doubt that you have any antibodies since this is your first time using Botox.  Where you injected by a Board Certified PS?

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Botox not working...

Thank you for your question.  Please follow up with your physician as you may require additional Botox.  Additionally if these are static 11's yo may not be able to eliminate them completely solely with Botox.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello. Today is day 13 and absolutely no results with Botox(28 units) on my glabella. I am 29, first timer.

Hello Andrea0001,

Sorry to hear you had no response.  Chances are you just need more.  There is a range of doses that can be injected there.  I like to start with 20 units which works for about 80-90% of patients.  However, that leaves 10-20% that need more.  My wife was one of those.  She was 30 the first time I gave her Botox.  I gave her 20 units and it didn't even minimize anything.  I gave her another 20 units (total of 40) and she had a perfect response.  Same thing happened the next time I treated her so I know she needs 40 units.  My mother in law takes 50.  At your follow up indicate you want less motion and you can receive a touch up injection.  Once you know your dose that is what can give given the first time next time.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

It’s possible that you need more units in the area.

It’s possible that you need more units in the area. Everyone is different, and some patients require more units to see a noticeable difference. I recommend visiting your injector again for a touch-up, and once you find the right number of units you can get that same number done in the future. It’s always best to start conservatively, especially if it’s someone’s first time, since it’s easier to add more units later than to fix over-injection. 

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

More Botox to the glabella

I recommend a second larger dose of Botox before you spend money on facial fillers.

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian