Which Thigh Lift For best result? Groin/buttock incision or vertical incision? (photo)

I went for a thigh lift consult today and the procedure suggested was a groin/buttock incision. I think I need a vertical incision also to deal with the excess skin. I am NOT concerned with scars, I want the best result possible. I am 45 years old, 5'6" and 160 lbs. I was an obese child at 220 lbs and have been carrying around this extra skin for a very long time.

A Vertical Thigh Lift will likely give you the best outcome

HI WB,

Thank you for the question.  It is always best to see a patient to be able to make a recommendation.  From your images, it does appear that you have significant skin excess that would be optimally improved with a vertical thighplasty.

Perhaps seek the opinion of another PS in your area that has a lot of experience in treating patients that have lost a great deal of weight.  The key is surgical technique / skin tension and meticulous care during the surgery.  

Properly managed with silicone sheeting and sunscreen post-op, the incisions usually heal exceptionally well and are not a concern for patents.  

All the best with your decision.

Scott K. M. Barr, MD, FRCSC

barrplasticsurgery.com   

Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

What kind of thigh lift?

Hello and thank you for your question . I agree with you. a spiral thigh lift which has been suggested to you is probably not enough .  From what I can see on your photos , You may get away with a vertical alone or in combination with a spiral or oblique type thigh lift.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Which Thigh Lift For best result? Groin/buttock incision or vertical incision?

If you really do not care about scars at all, then I think that a vertical incision always has the potential to remove more skin.