Tattoo removal. What is the best laser to use? (Photo)

What is the best laser to use for tattoo removal? I found a place I wanted to check out but they use astanza trinity laser and I heard picosure was the best. And would my tattoo even be removable? I am scared to pay all this money for it to be non removable.

Tattoo Removal

You would be a great candidate for the Alex Trivantage laser. This laser is the only one on the market that can target colors.  The multiple wave lengths can target all the colors in the tattoo with 4-6 sessions.  You should contact a board certified dermatologist as soon as possible.

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to Tattoo Removal.
Astanza laser works fantastic on blues, greens and purple ink.To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Pico Lasers

Thank you for your question. I would recommend a laser that uses picosecond technology. Pico lasers remove tattoos faster and safer then older laser systems. I have been practicing tattoo removal for 20 years and have 5 Pico wavelengths.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

I suggest seeing a laser expert, as these are the best options for tattoo removal.     Best, Dr. Emer.

Your tattoo has green in it, which makes it the most challenging of all.

Since your tattoo has green in it, that makes it most challenging of all to remove.  While the new 'Pico' lasers are better at green and blue than the older tattoos, they aren't perfect either.  Additionally, tattoo artists sometimes have techniques that make it even more challenging than we expect normally.  This shouldn't dissuade you from trying, but it is going to be more difficult and possibly not successful due to the green/blue colors. Sorry!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon