How do I know which surgeon is right for my breast reduction?

I'm planning on getting a breast reduction soon. I'm in the process of looking for Surgeons in the Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater area. I'm 20 years old, 5'3", 160lbs. My breasts are 34JJ. What do I need to look for in my surgeon? What are some questions I should ask?

The most important thing to look for in a plastic surgeon is one that is board certified with many years of breast reduction experience. You should also be looking at before and after photos you like, and that are in line with your expectations. Above all, you will feel most comfortable speaking with a surgeon in person, so make sure to take the time to sit down with him/her to go over an option that best suits your body and your lifestyle. 

Finding a Breast Reduction Surgeon

First, be sure your surgeon is board certified in plastic surgery. Next, view many before and after pictures of their patients. There are many sites online that give reviews of surgeons, you might want to check those out. If you are seeking insurance to cover your surgery, find out which surgeons are participating under your policy. For questions to ask at your consultation, see my link below. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Surgeon for breast reduction

I also recommend visiting with multiple board certified plastic surgeons before proceeding with surgery.  Ask to see before and after photos.  Make sure you pick someone you feel comfortable with.Good luck,Dr. Luong

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD, FACS
Edina Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Choosing a surgeon

Look for a board certified plastic surgeon with before and after photos you like.  You should see a few before making your decision.  Of course, with a breast reduction if you are doing it through insurance, start with the listed providers on your plan.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

See at least 3 t 4 boarded PSs in those cities. See before & after results. Ask to speak to a previous patient. Ask if the PS has hospital surgical privileges. Are just a few questions you need to consider. Good Luck..

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.  

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. 
 You may find the attached link/video helpful to you as you learn more.  Best wishes.