Am I supposed to wear my compression garmet when exercising post-op?

I'll be 2 weeks poSt op tomorrow (Vaser tummy, inner thigh, back and arms ) My PS gave me the ok to ease back into exercise . Do I keep my garmet under my gym clothes? If so, will the excess sweating cause skin irritation ? I need to was my garmet daily! Any issues washing a garmet too often?

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

I have my patients wear compression for 3 weeks 24/7 and an additional 3 weeks over night with at least spanx or other firm compression during exercise.  Most my patients wear compression longer.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Compression garment folloing Vaser

Thank you for your question.Normally compression garment is advisable to wear for 24hrs for first 2 weeks and for 12 hours/day for another 4 weeks.You doctor is right to advise you to start building up your physical fitness again from week 3. Start with more of stretching type of exercises and build it up slowly over 2-3 weeks to your normal fitness program. On first few occasions it might be a good idea to wear your compression under the GYM clothing. You can put a cotton or silk T-shirt beneath the garment to avoid irritation.Your surgeon should be able to advise you on your rehabilitation regimen.

Post liposuction exercise

You clearly discussed getting back into exercise with your surgeon and I would imagine you also discussed wearing compression garments. I would recommend you follow your surgeons instructions on this matter.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon