Is Submental Lipo (neck/jawline) worth doing if I'm going to try to conceive in the next 9 months and gain weight? (Photo)

I get the bad genetics from my Dad's side! I'm so sick of my "fat" neck and having no jaw line! I have lost most of the pregnancy weight but even on my wedding day as shown in one of the pictures (10 pounds less then now) I still do not have a jaw line and I have a fat pad under my chin! Is it worth it to do the liposuction now or should I wait? I gained around 38 pounds during pregnancy.

Submental liposuction and pregnancy

Thank you for asking about your submtnal liposuction.

• It is reasonable to have your neck treated now.
  • Based on your wedding profile phto, I suggest you consider having the fat removed and the muscle tightened for a more defined jaw line.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pregnancy Won't Ruin Results -- Submental Liposuction, Get VASER / ThermiRF

With proper diet and exercise the body will not gain weight in other areas.  Even in pregnancy I have rarely seen disproportionate size changes in the areas that had liposuction.  This area is genetic and needs VASER/Thermi Fro the best outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Submental Lipo + Pregnancy

I recommend waiting until you are done having kids and/or have reached your goal weight to undergo liposuction. The weight fluctuation involved with pregnancy could reverse the effects of the procedure. There are also other options to remove stubborn chin fat non-surgically such as CoolSculpting. It’s definitely worth discussing your options with a specialist plastic surgeon once you’re ready to have a procedure. Best of luck.