Does size really matter? (Photo)

I am having an anchor lift with implants. I would like to be a full D post op. I currently have a large B and small C. What factors should one consider when deciding to go larger in conjunction with a Breast lift? Does profile also come into play?

Size matters

While size does matter, larger implants can certainly be used. It DOES take experience in using them with a lift as the markings/dissection needs to be altered in order to avoid excessive tension/pressure on the skin and the nipple/areolar complex. This can be a potentially huge issue so be certain your surgeon has a good experience in using large implants with a lift. Also, there truly is a point where an implant can be "too big" to be safely combined but from your photos and words I suspect your goals could be achieved, Seeing "wish photos" helps tremendously.

Does size really matter?

With a lifting operation the volume of implant is limited because the vertical incision might not be able to be closed with to large an implant. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon.

Does size really matter?

Ultimately, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.
Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.
Also, patients undergoing the combination breast augmentation/lifting surgery should understand that there are limits as to how large of an outcome can be achieved, given that breast lifting surgery does involve breast skin removal. On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications.
Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Does size really matter?

Thank you for your question.  Yes, size matters in this case.  If your breast lift is more extensive, there would be diminished blood supply to your nipple and skin flaps, making placement of a large implant more of a risky proposition.  A larger implant, especially higher profile, would place added pressure on the nipple increasing the risk for loss of the nipple/areola.  Breast implants are typically chosen based on breast dimension measurements with some tweaking based on trying different implant sizers.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Does breast implan size really matter?

Yes. Especially when having a breast lift it is important not to use too large breast implants. During the breast lift the blood supply to the nipple areola is reduced. Too large breast implants can put pressure on the nipple areola and restrict blood supply further which can result in nipple areola loss-a very nasty complication.

In my experience this complication is more likely when implants larger than 350cc are used.

Your surgeon should recommend a breast implant size based on your breast base width. Moderate profile implants look more natural. If you need for size reasons to use a higher profile limit yourself to high profile not ultr high. Find an experienced board certified plastic su7rgfteon-most important.

Does size really matter?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implants and lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400-450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD