Revision needed. Please help pick correct implants this time around for best result so I don't have a repeat result (Photo)

I had a BA back in June, boobs settled but my nips never lifted. My PS said it was bcuz too large of implants were used(which he picked) and he doesn't lower the fold to avoid bottoming out.He said go smaller & instead of HP go mod to keep width of the implant the same to keep my cleavage. Since last time he picked I want to ask 2nd opinions to make sure this revision goes right. Not trying to fix asymmetry, just centered nips & as close as possible cleavage. All stats are on pics. Thanks!

Revision needed. Please help pick correct implants...

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. You will find that online consultants will not be much help to you when it comes to specific advice regarding "picking" breast implant size/profile. As you know, very careful communication of your concerns and goals with your plastic surgeon will be key. Discuss your goals carefully, with the help of visual aids such as goal photographs, with your plastic surgeon, preferably in front of a full-length mirror. Discuss the different breast implant size/profiles available to you as well.  If adjustment of the breast implant capsules will be necessary, discuss these concerns as well.

Breast implant revision after high profile 500/550 mL breast implants.

Thank you for your photos and information.  The asymmetry that you had is challenging especially when patient's goals are to be as near-perfect as possible.  In hindsight I would have considered smaller implants and possibly a periareolar Benelli uplift on the right side to raise your nipple position, decreases diameter and try to partially correct the asymmetry that is present.  I would prefer a mid profile or mid-profile plus silicone implant for you and I would keep it in the subpectoral position.  It is difficult to judge from a photograph but I would be thinking in terms of 320 to 380 mL.

If you are uncertain you might consider getting a second opinion from an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon before proceeding.  Good luck and best wishes

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Best choice of implant

You have a difficult question.  Especially difficult to answer online with only photos as reference.  It sounds reasonable to downsize the volume and profile.  I'd recommend above the muscle to get the tightest cleavage.  If you are concerned about the original surgeon's advice then I'd recommend getting another board certified plastic surgeon's opinion.  Even if you decide to go with your original surgeon you could at least have another exam and recommendation to reassure you of the plan and sizes of implants.  Best wishes!!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants - nipples never lifted

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I am sorry you find yourself in this situation.
  • It really is impossible to give you implant size and shape advice on-line.
  • An examination is essential.
  • Your implants do look large -and I assume they are under the muscle.
  • They also look as though they may not have settled - explaining why the nipples remain a bit high.
  • Can you feel the implants underneath your breasts or are they riding high?T
  • If high, the capsule will need to be released for the implants to settle in place.
  • I am concerned that he recommended such large implants unless your goal was to be exceptionally large.
  • Be sure this time that you make the decision together - you need to be part of this! 
  •  Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Revision, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

I recommend you to talk with your plastic surgeon about a revision of your surgery.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Revision needed. Please help pick correct implants this time around for best result so I don't have a repeat result

You have pre-op asymmetry. Your breasts are different shape and different volume. It's good that you acknowledge and accept this. Also, your right areola is noticeably larger than the left. The sternal nipple angle is also different one side to the other. You left nipple is slightly more lateral than the right. You may consider Inspire extra high profile implants over the muscle - if you are under at this time. Your implant placement is not clear from your info. You may also benefit from a crescent lift on the right side no more than 1cm. 

If you are so unhappy, which I personally see a VERY good result, than do exchange as recommended by your chosen operative surgeon. If I was deciding I might offer a crescent lift first

BA result

It appears you have a reasonable result, sounds like your surgeon wasn't on the same page with you in regards to style of implant if you don't like the top heavy augmented look, that you have now with HP implants. Switching to a Mod+ with similar base dimensions would be a reasonable downsize, depending on the pocket and you Nip->IMF distance, you maybe need a small crescent lift to better locate your nipples. best of luck

You will get your best information after a surgeon has examined and measured you. If you choose to get a second opinion, please bring your implant information with you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon