Purple areas that turn grey when I sweat. Areas have grown over time and caused hair loss near hairline. What is this? (photos)

I have had these outbreaks of dark spots near my front hairline that turn grey-ish when I get in the shower or sweat dating back to 2009. I went to a dermatologist back in 2009 and he said it was looked like seborrheic dermatitis and gave me some desonide and a Znp bar back in February of 2009. I had a biopsy completed in 2011. PAS stain came back negative for fungal hyphae with appropriate control. Biopsy stated that it was Lichen simplex chronicus with post inflammatory pigmentary alteration.

Purple spots

As you already had a diagnose created from a biopsy, there is little more that I can add. Go back to your doctor and ask that doctor to treat you

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon