Is their a possibility to remove a red tattoo? (photos)

Got a tattoo on my neck the color is red and it was done by a amateur 6 months ago and wanted to know is their a possibility that it could be removed and how many sessions will it take. Thank you

Red Tattoo Ink

Thank you for your question. Yes it is possible to remove red ink. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths including the 532 wavelength ideal for red pigment making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. It is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. I have been practicing laser tattoo removal for almost 20 years.

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

It is possible to remove a red tattoo.

Thanks for your question. It is possible to remove a red tattoo.  Based on our experience, we definitely recommend a picosecond laser with 532 nm wavelength.  For PicoSure, this wavelength is an upgrade over the original models and was added specifically for treating some red inks.  The PicoSure Laser is new technology and will generally remove tattoos in half the treatments (or less!) required by older lasers,
without the risk of burning and with much, much lower risk of hypopigmentation.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

Removing Red Tattoos

Yes, it is certainly possible to remove red tattoos. Laser removal of tattoos is performed with different wavelength lasers to target and break down different ink pigments. Be sure to ask your doctor if they have experience removing red ink tattoos.

Eric Seiger, DO
Fenton Dermatologist

Red Ink Tattoo Removal

Red ink is the second most common ink used in tattoos. Black being the first. Red ink is also the culprit for many reactions from tattoo placement and removal. If you did not have an "allergic" reaction to the red ink during your tattoo, you most likely will not have a reaction during its removal. But it is possible to remove. By the look of the density of the ink, I might estimate 3-5 treatments.