No pain after cooladvantage

I had regular coolsculpting on my flanks and the cooladvantage on my stomach a week ago and I'm not experiencing any pain or "shocks" in my stomach or flanks. I know almost everyone goes through the pain process so my question is do you think I'll get results or did the technician not do it right? I am still slightly swollen and slightly numb but not like the first few day. I'm also wondering if the cooladvantage does less (nerve) damage. Thanks for your time. :-)

Pain after CoolSculpting

Not every patient experiences discomfort following CoolSculpting.  In fact, most of our patients do quite well and experience only minimal bloating, numbness, and tenderness.  Even this discomfort has been decreased significantly with the new CoolAdvantage applicators.  Don't worry!  No pain doesn't at all correlate with an ineffective treatment.  I would suggest following up with your provider to discuss any concerns and allow 6 weeks to start seeing results.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Pain and Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question, however pain is subjective and patient dependent. Not everyone experiences pain and or discomfort post treatment. In reviewing your guidelines with your clinician, some people experience  discomfort around day 3-7. For most people this is tolerable and doesn’t require any intervention. If someone doesn’t have any discomfort, it does not determine the outcome of their treatment.  Results are typically seen 2-3 months post 2 or more treatments. I would suggest being patient and following up with your treating office per their protocol.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Pain is not an indication that the treatment worked or not.

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Cool advantage applicators are more comfortable

Hi Lily01.  I'm glad you are comfortable after your treatment.  This is likely b/c Cool advantage applicators apply less suction, use a different gel, and take less time at a cooler temperature.  Your results should not be compromised as a result.  Many patients who have had the previous applicators report the same increase in comfort without experiencing lesser results. Enjoy your new contours!

Cool-Advantage

The new cool-advantage delivers 35 minutes of treatment time compared to the previous one hour treatment.  It is much more comfortable and delivers comparable or better results.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolAdvantage has less pain after procedure

This is an expected outcome. I wouldn't be concerned. Your results will be as good or better than prior handpieces. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Advantage applicators deliver enhanced results, less discomfort

Hello Lilly,

In addition to shorter treatment times (35 minutes vs 1 hour) with the new Standard Advantage Coolsculpting applicators, you should find that the experience is more comfortable, so I would not be concerned.    Zeltiq is reporting enhanced results as well as a lower rate of LOP (Late Onset Pain).  

Painless CoolSculpting With CoolAdvantage

This is just one of the great things about the new CoolSculpting CoolAdvantage applicator. There is significantly less discomfort when compared to the older applicators and it is not unusual to have no pain at all during and after the treatment. There is also less risk of developing late onset nerve pain. I had the procedure performed on myself and did not experience any pain either. I had great results and hopefully you will too. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Less pain, Less discomfort--Add Thermage, Vanquish, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra for best results

It's normal to have less discomfort with Cooladvantage. Those techniques work best in combination with radiofrequency treatments such as Thermage, Vanquish, Venus Legacy,Exilis Ultra with Z wave/Cellutone. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

CoolAdvantage CoolSculpting for less pain and discomfort

Dear Lilly01:

The CoolAdvantage treatments more evenly distribute the cooling process of the skin-fat bulge. It therefore provides a faster cooling cycle and we hear more and more that patients experience less discomfort. 

This does not mean you won't have sharp pain or dull discomfort following any CoolSculpting treatment, even with the new or older applicators. Mild swelling and very occasionally bruising does indicate a proper treatment session and I suspect you will have the desired effects of fat reduction. 

Congrats on your progress! All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS