Are there options for reducing facial/neck creases from compression garment? Suggestions for swelling?

I had thermitight and neck lipo on Tuesday. The foam was removed yesterday and I am thrilled with my new neck, but I have swelling in my lower cheeks - like a chipmunk. I return to work on Monday, but the compression garment I am supposed to sleep in leaves pretty significant lines on my face and neck. Are there other options for compression; and do you have any suggestions for reducing swelling in my lower face? I'm worried about returning to work.

Don't Throw in the Towel...just fold it.

Wrinkles creases from compression garments can be a nuisance.  Try using a thin folded towel to replace the foam to give a uniform compression and the "hugging" effect.  This allow the skin to "stick better to the underlying soft tissue and minimizes swelling.

good luck!

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Compression after ThermiTight

I have found in my NYC practice that compression after ThermiTight on the face can be performed well with overlapping tape strips that are applied in our office.  There  has been no evidence that continued compression more than two or even one day helps more than less compression. In fact, I have seen significant swelling of the upper cheek from tightly fitting seams of compression garments and prefer my patients from not dealing with this.
Over time, physicians, may collectively arrive at the best postoperative scenario for compression post ThermiTight.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon