What other option to get rid of axilla skin (front bra roll)?

I recently had lipo in a few areas of my body and asked the doctor to lipo my front bra fat. He didn't do it because he said that was just skin and lipo would not improve it. What other procedure can be done to eliminate that area?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring - Arms

I suggest posting photos for further evaluation. Non-invasive procedures such as Thermi can be used for skin tightening on the arm. If there is any excess fat as well as skin, a VASER Hi definition procedure can give you contouring, sculpting, as well as skin tightening. . Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Axillary skin excess - how to get rid of it?

Thank you for asking about your axillary skin excess.

• The answer is to have the excess skin removed, using an incision hidden under the arm.
  • You need a plastic surgeon to do this -
  • The doctor you asked sounds as though he does not have surgical training 
  • But the advice he gave you was correct, liposuction isn't the answer.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Bra line lift

Thanks for your question. It sounds like this area of excess skin may need to simply be excised (cut out). You would be trading a smoother, flat contour for a scar in that area. It could likely be hidden under your bra. I would seek a consultation from a plastic surgeon who may be able to look at this for you. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Alternative Liposuction Method May Be Best

If your concern is loose skin in the area between your chest and underarm area, surgical excision via an arm lift (brachioplasty) may be the best option. You may want to get a second opinion from another board-certified plastic surgeon, however, to find out if an alternative liposuction method may actually be beneficial. For example, at my practice I offer Smartlipo Triplex™, a laser-assisted procedure that can remove small pockets of fat in addition to tightening the skin. Best of luck.

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Axilla skin

If your surgeon said it was only skin and not fat there really isn't anything to be done. If you want to try something non invasive the cool mini can be applied on the bra puff area (we call it) but again, only reduces the tissue if it's fat, it does not improve skin. I am not sure without photos if we are talking about the same area however but I hope this helps. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon