What can be done to my nose? (Photo)

I really don't like the huge numb on my nose, and I hate that my nostrils spread whenever I smile. My nose bridge is also very wide

Rhinoplasty for hump removal and narrowing the nose

A closed rhinoplasty can accomplish narrowing the nose and shaving down the dorsal hump, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  For many examples, please see the link below

Rhinoplasty

Your nose exhibits a bump with a low radix, accentuating the bump. The bridge is also wide.
The bridge can be made straight by raising the radix and lowering the bump. Osteotomies can narrow the bony vault too
I do not think that you are a good candidate for alar base resection, as the nostrils do not appear to flare. You may wind up with a "bowling pin" deformity of the alae.
I would encourage you to consider a chin implant to balance your face.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from narrowing your mid nasal vault with osteotomies. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. I first like to find out from the patient what bothers you about your nose . I then examine your nose. I then discuss with you your goals.Then I write out a detailed plan .

As an artist, I like to use the reshaping Rhinoplasty technique. I use advanced suturing and cartilage graft techniques in order to give a natural result. In addition I incorporate the Finesse technique ,that I invented,to minimize pain and bruising after surgery. It's not uncommon for patients not to have any bruising after surgery .

I hope you find this information useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sending images. Although it is impossible to give an exact diagnosis and plan without a consultation and exam, it does appear that you could benefit from rhinoplasty. 

During a rhinoplasty, a dorsal hump can be removed. In addition, through controlled breaks in the nose and wide dorsum can be narrowed. Nostrils can be narrowed through small incisions around the the base of the nose.

I would recommend consulting with a facial plastic surgeon who regularly performs rhinoplasty to explore your options.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty - bump removal and tip refinement

Hi there. Thank you for your question. The majority of patients presenting for rhinoplasty are interested in changes similar to you i.e. removal of the bump and tip refinement. There are many different techniques to manipulate the shape of the nose and I believe some of the changes you are interested in could realistically be achieved through rhinoplasty. My favoured approach is an open rhinoplasty and in your case, you may benefit from an additional incision at the side of the nostrils to reduce nostril width. The next step is to arrange a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to have a more in depth discussion about what is best for your situation and information about risks. Good luck! 

What can be done to my nose?

Hi. You need a reduction rhinoplasty to include, tip refinement and rotation, slight shortening of the overall length and osteotomies to narrow the width of your nose.

As far as to who should performed your surgery......it depends more than anything on the experience of the surgeon. He/She should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery. That's why it's so important that you be able to see allot of photos before and after. You want to be able to urge the whole of the work. I make a comparison to baseball. Think about this. Would you rather have a player on your team that hits a home run once in awhile or one that has a consistent average? There are some excellent facial plastic surgeons as there are plastic surgeons who do beautiful nasal work. When it comes to your nose, it's is imperative that you research as much as you possibly can before making your decision. This is your face and there no covering it up.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact us. I personally conduct all the consultations and formulate an individual operative plan based on physical findings. We are one of only a few in South Florida that employ a web based program called TouchMD. Through this program potential patients from as far away as California can upload their photos. I then review each and everyone and draw my recommendations on your actual picture. This info is made available to you with the use of a private password that only you will have. TouchMD is private and follows all applicable privacy laws (HIPPA). I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

Good luck, Dr PG

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for hump removal, tip elevation, and nasal narrowing.

In appropriate patients, rhinoplasty surgery may lead to a smaller, narrower, and less distracting nasal appearance. Consider consulting with several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you can see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

The bump can be reduced and the nose narrowed.  All noses widen with smiling but if your nose is wide, the nostrils can be narrowed.