Can one make my nose shorter so it takes up less of my face and have the bridge taken in so it's not so far off my face? (photo)

Rhinoplasty

As an artist I like using the reshahaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the shape of the nasal cartilages giving a thinner, more refined natural looking nose.

I like to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I then examine the nose and write a detailed operative plan .

I incorporate the FINNESSE technique which I invented. Bleeding , bruising , and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional technique. It's not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery.

For more information please watch the enclosed video.                 

Rhinoplasty candidate

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so a full set of facial photographs are required before making a determination about making overall no small or, shorter  and de-projected. The photographs should also be taken at rest, not upon smiling. It is possible to decrease the projection of the nose, but is equally important to make sure all the components of the nose are still in balance with themselves, and the entire new nose balances with the patient's facial features.

Rhinoplasty for the long overprojected nose.

Rhinoplasty for the long overprojected nose. Yes your goals can be achieved by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Select one that does natural looking noses and not the overdone look.

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty that reduces your tip cartilages will rotate them up and shorten the length of your nose.  A dorsal hump resection can be added to this.  Best wishes, Dr T

Rhinoplasty for long nose

Although more photos would be needed to address your exact questions, you may be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  The projection of the bridge would need to be assessed with a profile photo.  A rhinoplasty can lower the bridge as well as reduce the length of the tip.  Reducing the length of the tip would give the nose a shorter appearance.  

Reducing the dorsum

Hello,Yes you can reduce the dorsum but you will most likely also require narrowing of the nasal bones. Whenever the dorsum is reduced "taken down", an "open roof" deformity may occur. The only way to address this is to bring in the nasal bones with osteotomies. To give an accurate plan of action would require examining your nose in person. Good luck,Dr. D

Dominic Castellano, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon