Will my nose shape change? Post rhinoplasty (Photo)

I recently received a rhintoplasty, my dorsal hump is now gone and and my droopy tip is also no longer there. I am very happy with my results. I am 8 days post-op and just want to know if there is anything, such as icing or not sleeping elevated that could change the outcome/shape of my nose further down the healing process? The last thing i want is a droopy tip again! Thank you in advance!

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 week after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Postop Rhinoplasty

Congratulations on your results! At this point, you still have significant tip swelling.  This may take several months to resolve.  You can ask your surgeon about phenylephrine creams that can help reduce swelling.  Some patients may undergo taping of the nose but this can irritate the skin.  Mostly just time and patience to see the final results come through.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Change of nose shape after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would consult your surgeon seeing as every surgeon has a slightly different after care protocol. You nose will continue to change slightly and settle to its final shape and size over the course of the next 12-18 months as the swelling begins to resolve. I would definitely refrain from any activities that could increase the likelihood of trauma to your nose while you are healing. Other than that, just continue to follow your surgeons post op instructions and your nose should be fine. 
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Post op rhinoplasty

You nailed it.  The first six weeks post operatively it is important to follow your surgeons instructions as during this time the bones are healing and the nose is settling into place. Often times instructions vary from surgeon to surgeon and depend on what was done during the procedure - however good guidelines involve avoiding any outdoor, heavy activities (like going to the gym, swimming, diving, etc) for at least 4 weeks.  Remember, when in doubt, contact your surgeons office and they will be more than happy to guide you on your recovery.  Enjoy your nose! Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will my nose shape change? Post rhinoplasty

ONLY 8 days! Healing takes months as does the reduction of swelling.........Discuss this swelling post rhinoplasty concepts with your operative surgeon.

Nose shape changes prevention

As you note, you are quite early in the healing process. In general, post-op care is centered around the prevention of activities that could alter the outcome of the procedure. Your surgeon knows exactly what techniques were used in your case and the details of your response and early recovery. Closely follow your surgeon's instructions to achieve the best possible outcome.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD